- n primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needlelike teeth
- n giant warm-water game fish having a prolonged and rounded toothless upper jaw
- n slender long-beaked fish of temperate Atlantic waters
- n elongate European surface-dwelling predacious fishes with long toothed jaws; abundant in coastal waters
- In the once renowned waters off New Zealand's Mayor Island, where 900 big fishswordfish, striped and black marlin were boated in 1949, not a single billfish of any size .
- Unlike his billfish cousins, the marlin and sailfish, the swordfish is edible, and a sale at dockside can more than compensate for the expense of a night's sportfishing.
- There, swarming around a bait-packed barrier reef seven miles offshore, are more different kinds of billfish, and more of each, than anybody has ever seen before: big Pacific .
News & Articles
- LDWF Reminds Offshore Anglers of Free Required Permit
With the spring in full swing the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries takes this opportunity to remind anglers of the free, required offshore landing permit. The permit is required for all anglers, including anglers not normally required to possess a recreational fishing license, possessing tunas, billfish, swordfish, amberjacks, groupers and snappers (except gray snapper), and hinds ...
June 10, 2013 - KATC 3 Lafayette
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Billfish Classic boats start fishing tournament
Fishermen watch as boats competing in the Mississippi Gulf Coast Billfish Classic turn south near th
June 8, 2013 - The Biloxi Sun Herald
- Fishing for Billfish Classic pushed back to Friday
BILOXI -- The start of fishing in the annual Mississippi Gulf Coast Billfish Classic has been pushed back to Friday due to tropical weather in the Gulf of Mexico.
June 5, 2013 - The Biloxi Sun Herald