billboard : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n large outdoor signboard
- As billboards go, it's a real stoppera huge closeup photo of a pimply faced, wild-haired hippie, mounted on a ghastly yellow background and bearing the message, in red and .
- For many years the billboard advertiser has had a free hand with the local landscape, and the result has become a little too overwhelming for even an essentially commercial .
- Locals, however, say the whole billboard contretemps is more amusing than controversial.
News & Articles
- Billboard chart rejects Samsung downloads
Jay-Z's got 99 problems and the Billboard chart is one.
June 23, 2013 - Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
- Billboard chart won't count Jay Z sales from Samsung album deal
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Billboard's weekly music chart will not include the 1 million copies of rapper Jay Z's upcoming album that were sold to electronics maker Samsung as part of a promotion, the U.S. trade magazine said on Friday. Jay Z, 43, announced last weekend that his album "Magna Carta Holy Grail" could be downloaded for free on July 4 - three days before its public release - to the ...
June 21, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Billboard won't count Jay-Z-Samsung 1M downloads
Jay-Z's got 99 problems and the Billboard chart is one. Billboard said Friday it will not include the 1 million album downloads Jay-Z is giving to Galaxy mobile phone users through a deal with Samsung. ...
June 21, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Joe Girardi in SI.com
This is Alex's home,said Yankees manager Joe Girardi, who, like Rodriguez, lives in South Florida during the winter. "I went and saw a Heat game this year, I was driving back, and there was a big billboard that said, 'Congratulations Alex...
- Sir Alex Ferguson in NOTW Blogs
Ferguson said: "The billboard is City, isn't it? They are a small club with a small mentality. All they can talk about is Manchester United, that's all they've ever done and they can't get away from it. That's stupid. That arrogance will be rewarded...
- Michael Woo in International Herald Tribune
The billboard industry in the city is clearly out of control,said Planning Commission member Mike Woo, who teaches urban planning at the University of Southern California.