- a relating to or containing bile
- s suffering from or suggesting a liver disorder or gastric distress
- s irritable as if suffering from indigestion
- The Federal Trade Commission took a bilious view of these promotional high jinks.
- Bilious: "of or relating to bile b : marked by or suffering from liver dysfunction and especially excessive secretion of bile c : appearing as if affected by a bilious disorder".
- His plays and movies reside in that once essential, now demeaned genre of domestic melodrama in which family life is a bilious combustion of repressed emotions and grudges that .
News & Articles
- Psychic Teens Stream 'H#TE' With a Side of Filthy Post-Punk
Philly post-punk outfit Psychic Teens churn out black, bilious rock that owes as much to the gloomy atmospheres of Joy Division as to the gothic clang of Christian Death. The trio who, despite the handle, bill themselves as
July 31, 2013 - Spin
- Helen Garner in New York Times
Helen remembers her own childhood, thinks of "my mother, how she would clean up after me when as a child I had what she called 'a bilious attack.' I remembered her patience in the middle of the night, the precious moments of her attention. . . . In...
- Conrad Black in guardian.co.uk
The final nadir in the plunge to defile my wife and me, the last lap in bilious and oafish defamation, and the last and lowest of the animals unleashed against me by News Corporation, was Bower's book,Lord Black says. "It plumbs profound...
- Alma Guillermoprieto in guardian.co.uk
In Caracas today it often seems as if there were no issues, only bilious anger or unconditional devotion - or gasping bafflement - all provoked by the president,Ms Guillermoprieto said.