- n an infestation with or a resulting infection caused by a parasite of the genus Schistosoma; common in the tropics and Far East; symptoms depend on the part of the body infected
- Not surprisingly Africans also have the highest rate of death from diarrhea, along with a high incidence of the parasitic disorder bilharzia, malaria and other water-related .
- Some of the modern plagues of Eygpt: Egypt: Amoebic dysentery, which afflicts every villager; bilharzia, an energy-sapping parasitic disease which infects 92%; intestinal worms .
- Schistosomiasis (bilharzia): Southern China, Philippines, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Japan, central Indonesia and the Mekong delta.
- Yoweri Museveni in New Vision
Uganda, like many other African countries, is affected by the neglected tropical diseases like river blindness, bilharzia, intestinal worms, trachoma and elephantiasis,Museveni said.