- s blindly and obstinately attached to some creed or opinion and intolerant toward others
a bigoted person
an outrageously bigoted point of view
- This tale of a troubled fisherman's fatal encounter with the bigoted residents of his seaside village is told with emotion and all-encompassing humanity by Britain's foremost .
- There's the irony, for instance, of the fact that Bojanowski's son is apparently the product what some equally bigoted people would also think of as a mixed marriage.
- By any measure, it was a graceless move to characterize an entire demographic group--and vital voting bloc--as irrational and bigoted.
News & Articles
- Out in the Tropics has evolved along with gay rights
Once a bigoted epithet, “queer” was reclaimed by the gay-rights movement as a proudly defiant self-description. But theater artist Taylor Mac, who will perform in the annual Out in the Tropics festival this week, prefers another definition: “Someone who was ostracized by society at an early age to such a degree they could never ostracize anyone else.”
June 11, 2013 - Miami Herald