- In Miami he is a constant spectator (and bettor) at jai alai games.
- I've always been a punter bettor, all my adult life, and very, very interested in sport.
- Strub even handed out kindly advice to the uninitiated bettor, posted such warnings as: "Bet only what you can afford to lose, not what you hope to win.
News & Articles
- All News
A bettor playing Gulfstream Park’s races last month cashed a ticket that was almost unprecedented in U.S. parimutuel wagering. He collected $221,677 for a winning combination that cost 10 cents. The wager, dubbed the Rainbow Six, represents an ...
June 12, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- Belmont Stakes 2013 Field: Horses with Best Odds in Triple Crown's Last Leg
The Belmont Stakes’ field continues to be poked, prodded and analyzed before the starting gunshot. As a result, the odds keep shifting. For an advantageous bettor, that leaves an opening to get some juicy values on prime horses riding for the Triple Crown’s final jewel. This year’s race looks as wide open as ever, with five horses slated with at least a 12 percent shot to claim the carnations ...
June 8, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- John McCain in Gambling911.com
I think he should be able to have an opportunity to make his case,McCain said. "The information we have is very disturbing." "5 to 1 odds are great value for the political bettor. These odds I don't see lasting especially if we...
- Brian Billick in Baltimore Sun
Asked whether the large point spread would motivate his players, Ravens coach Brian Billick said: "Motivate to make a bet? Or to play the game? I'm not a bettor. I don't know how all that works. Is it a Ouija board or some monkey pointing at a board...
- Michael Franzese in Newsday
That's what entices the bettor and makes it easier for the student athlete to go out and gamble,Franzese agreed. "Somebody tells a kid, 'Here, put five grand in your pocket and lose by seven instead of 10, and who'll know?' If, some way,...