beryllium : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a light strong brittle grey toxic bivalent metallic element
- Just as molybdenum and tungsten were obscure metals until it was found that they alloyed with steel to make a superlatively hard cutting material, so beryllium, discovered in .
- But beryllium ores are scattered widely over the world and last week the price of the metal was down to about $11.
- Two protons of an alpha particle seemed to cling to the nucleus of a beryllium atom (thereby theoretically transmuting that atom of beryllium into an atom of carbon).
News & Articles
- IBC Advanced Alloys Provides Update on Beryllium Oxide R&D
IBC Advanced Alloys Corp. reports that the Massachusetts Institute of Technology has completed its initial review and delivered a fuel performance report validating the feasibility of IBC's patented beryllium ...
July 9, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- APJ Abdul Kalam in Mangalorean.com
Uganda has large under-exploited mineral deposits of gold, oil, high grade tin, salt, beryllium, iron ore, glass sand and phosphate. Indian companies can set up joint ventures and even wholly-owned subsidiaries as Uganda and India are fast moving... Kapil Sibal http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapil_Sibal&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFGuNkkAvPG9F9_B9dYd6vIAS2fYw Economic Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/Economy/Uganda_wants_India_Inc_to_help_boost_its_economy/articleshow/2942313.cms&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFUK_-vie3p3EIFI0ag-35zo4GVvg Apr 10, 2008
9619 13394 beryllium In 1973-74, when there was no MTCR (missile technology control regime) in place, India was denied Beryllium product by USA. In 1998, when India became a nuclear weapon state, economic and technological sanctions were imposed. Recently, when...
- Martha Stewart in San Francisco Chronicle
We are establishing mechanisms through (the department of Veterans Affairs) for a beryllium information service for concerned ADF members and former members to receive factual information and also to register on a roll so that we have an... De-Anne Kelly http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De-Anne_Kelly&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFuRcTEyYXXgkK_XFm6rAK1yhNnXw The Age http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.theage.com.au/news/Breaking-News/Govt-sweeps-toxic-dust-under-carpet-ALP/2005/02/10/1107890339970.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHspXd_SO2_Mp2uOvPjsQ4ATBfasg Feb 10, 2005
9621 13397 beseech When one is incarcerated with 1,200 other inmates, it is hard to be selfish at Christmas," Stewart wrote from the federal prison in Alderson, W.Va. "I beseech you all to think about these women -- to encourage the American people to ask for...