- n (law) a gift of personal property by will
- The estate tax is turning out to be a real dampener and many are turning down bequest received from undisclosed and anonymous sources.
- There seems to be a perceptible move of the rich donors toward bequests to charitable institutions and green projects.
- Just who left behind an endowment for the public benefit and a bequest for the Dumb and Deaf Institute is a matter of great debate.
- Terry Hands in KTAR.com
He was passionate about Shakespeare and attended many performances,Terry Hands told the AP in 1982 when he was joint artistic director of the company. "We are honored by his bequest."
- Osama bin Laden in Firedoglake (blog)
Allah commended to us that when death approaches any of us that we make a bequest to parents and next of kin and to Muslims as a whole,he wrote, according to a copy of the will that surfaced later and is regarded as authentic.
- Nicholas Serota in Reuters UK
Simon Sainsbury was one of the great arts patrons of his generation,Serota told reporters at Tate Britain, one of Tate's galleries in London. "The bequest was discussed with Simon in the mid-1990s ...... (and) Simon, through those...