- n a standard by which something can be measured or judged
his painting sets the benchmark of quality
- n a surveyor's mark on a permanent object of predetermined position and elevation used as a reference point
- Hong Kong's benchmark Hang Seng index gained 3.
- Economists generally expect orderly rate increases that by the end of 2005 will have pushed the benchmark short-term Fed funds rate to about 3% from today's 1%.
- They just released the results of such a benchmark revision today, in fact.
News & Articles
- Bank Indonesia surprises by lifting benchmark rate
The central bank raises the interest rate to 6% to support Indonesia’s weakening currency, having kept the benchmark at a historic low since February 2012.
June 13, 2013 - Market Watch
- Benchmark Electronics Appoints Kenneth T. Lamneck To The Board Of Directors
ANGLETON, Texas, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Benchmark Electronics, Inc. (NYSE: BHE), a leading integrated contract manufacturing provider, announced today the appointment of Kenneth T. Lamneck as an ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Razorbacks exceed APR benchmark in all 19 sports
The University of Arkansas exceeds the benchmark Academic Progress Rate (APR) multi-year rate of 930 in all 19 of its intercollegiate sport programs, including five programs that scored perfect 1,000 multi-year APR rates.
June 11, 2013 - KTHV Little Rock
- Sir Trevor Brooking in The Press Association
These tournaments are the only way to really benchmark our players,said Brooking. "There really is no substitute for tournament football. If you look at the recent winners of this tournament you will see that Spain, France, Portugal and...
- Mark Spitz in International Herald Tribune
One word: epic,Spitz told The Associated Press from Detroit. "I'm so proud of what he's been able to do. I did what I did and it was in my day in those set of circumstances. For 36 years it stood as a benchmark. I'm just pleased that...
- LaDainian Tomlinson in Press-Enterprise
We know how good they are,Tomlinson said. "We played them obviously in Week 2, but we have played them in years past. ...... They've always kind of been that benchmark team that everybody looks to, and so it's just a great opportunity to...