- n valuable source of caviar and isinglass; found in Black and Caspian seas
- n small northern whale that is white when adult
- She opposes strengthening protections for beluga whales in Alaska's Cook Inlet, where oil and gas development has been proposed, and she spent $500 million in state money to .
- Stuart Lyall, head chef of the Fishmarket restaurant sums up its status allure: "Demand for beluga, our top seller, is still very high.
- Plants and animals are shifting their ranges poleward and to higher altitudes, and migration patterns for animals as diverse as polar bears, butterflies and beluga whales are being .
News & Articles
- What I See: A trainer's day at the Shedd Aquarium
Jessica Whiton is the Assistant Supervisor of Cetaceans & Marine Mammals at the John G. Shedd Aquarium . She documented a day in her life: from her morning commute to rubbing the tongues of baby Beluga whales. More from the What I See project: Bike-a-Bee with Jana Kinsman Early Morning Edition with Lauren Chooljian Show us what your Chicago looks like! Email web producer Logan Jaffe ljaffe ...
June 19, 2013 - WBEZ 91.5 Chicago
- Sean Parnell in Reuters
Listing more than 3,000 square miles of Cook Inlet as critical habitat would do little to help grow the beluga population, but it would devastate economic opportunities in the region,Parnell, a Republican, said in a statement.
- St Brendan in Forbes
This ends the debate about whether the beluga should be protected ...... and starts the critically important process of actually working to recover the species and protect its habitat,said Brendan Cummings, of the Center for Biological Diversity.
- Don Young in Belleville News-Democrat
I don't think there's a shortage of beluga whales,Young said. "There's just a shortage of beluga whales coming into the Inlet."