- n creative writing valued for esthetic content
- Even editors of noncommercial novels and belles-lettres feel the pressures to score with a Merv missile, a work that will get its author on a TV talk show, the most powerful .
- Louis Edward Sissman, 48, poet and essayist who was able, he said, to "compartmentalize" his mind and alternate between writing belles-lettres and advertising copy; after a ten .
- The world of belles-lettres is subject to cyclical hysteria, some of it fairly predictable, and it seems likely that Ross Macdonald (whose new novel carries a wistfully .
News & Articles
- Paris hotels attempt to lure customers by playing up literary links | theguardian.com
Exploiting cultural connections has become a profitable marketing ploy for hoteliers in the French capital. The rise of the belles-lettres establishment, celebrating France's literary culture, and even that of its neighbours, is the latest marketing sensation in the French capital, as hoteliers come up with ever more innovative – or desperate – ways to attract guests.
Aug. 26, 2013 - Hospitality Net