behead : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v cut the head of
the French King was beheaded during the Revolution
- It was aimed at the Imam, known as Ahmad the Devil, who had ruled despotically for 14 years, survived repeated rebellions, and liked to behead his numerous enemies in public.
- They would drag people out of their houses, behead them in the public square and leave a note saying that the body could not be removed so that it would serve as a warning.
- Al-Zarqawi's group kidnapped three Turkish workers last Saturday and threatened to behead them within 72 hours unless Turkish companies withdrew from Iraq.
- Jaap de Hoop Scheffer in AHN
Holding Taliban extremists responsible for civilian casualties, NATO Secretary-General Jaap de Hoop Scheffer said, "Our opponents mingle and mix with innocent civilians. We do not intentionally kill; they behead people, they burn schools, they kill...
- President Bush in News24
The al-Qaeda terrorists who behead captives or order suicide bombings would not be satisfied to see America defeated and gone from Iraq,Bush said. "They would be emboldened by their victory, protected by their new sanctuary, eager to...
- Robert Novak in guardian.co.uk
Novak wrote the US forces would "behead the guerrilla organisation by helping Turkey get rid of PKK leaders that they have targeted for years".