- n (Roman Catholic Church) a member of a lay sisterhood (one of several founded in the Netherlands in the 12th and 13th centuries); though not taking religious vows the sisters followed an austere life
- n music written in the bolero rhythm of the beguine dance
- n a ballroom dance that originated in the French West Indies; similar to the rumba
- Games, meals, moviesand a few bugsTall drinks, potted palms, dance floors full of would-be Fred Astaires and Ginger Rogerses beginning the beguine such were the.
- The show also contains less familiar Coward, like Nina, a balky girl from Argentina who absolutely refused to "begin the beguine," and cursed people who "besought her to.
- Connoisseurs have risen to cry that when they begin the beguine they absolutely finish it.
News & Articles
- Record Store's Last Spins
GARFIELD -- Charlie Rigolosi was just 12 years old when he bought his first record, Artie Shaw's 'Begin the Beguine'.
Dec. 1, 2013 - HispanicBusiness.com