- n magnetic personal charm
- n an entertainment that provokes pleased interest and distracts you from worries and vexations
- From the start they were tutored in the art of beguilement, the seductive talent of getting looked at.
- Shakespeare, of course, was describing another historical but mythic character, Cleopatra, whose appeal, like Diana's, is both of beauty, beguilement, good and malevolent powers.
- But if the West lets itself be trapped by such Red beguilement, Germany will be a vacuum into which Red armies might some day rush, leaving the West to defend the Continent's edge .