beech : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of several large deciduous trees with rounded spreading crowns and smooth grey bark and small sweet edible triangular nuts enclosed in burs; north temperate regions
- n wood of any of various beech trees; used for flooring and containers and plywood and tool handles
News & Articles
- Aaron Beech Jr., 94
LAKEVILLE — Aaron "Henry" Beech, Jr. age 94 years, of Lakeville, MA, passed away Thursday, June 20, 2013, peacefully in his sleep at his home in Lakeville. Henry was the husband of the late Frances V. (Gaul) Beech and the son of the late Aaron H.
June 23, 2013 - The Standard-Times
- Concert time at Beech Tree Park
The Beech Tree Park Committee urges you to save the following dates for this summer's free Sunday afternoon concerts at Beech Tree Park, corner of Pond and Beach Streets in Sharon.
June 23, 2013 - Sharon Advocate
- Beech Island soldier 46th from S.C. to die in combat
The Beech Island woman who was killed in Afghanistan on Tuesday was the 46th soldier from South Carolina to die in combat in Afghanistan since 2001.
June 22, 2013 - The Post and Courier
- Emperor Titus in Washington Post
Like death and taxes, there is a virtual certainty that Indiana bats will be harmed, wounded, or killed imminently by the Beech Ridge Project,Titus wrote in a 74-page opinion. "The development of wind energy can and should be encouraged,...
- Matt Painter in SI.com
During the last recruiting period, I had numerous coaches telling me that John Hart was a very good player,Purdue coach Matt Painter said. "I stopped by Beech Grove for an open gym and could not believe that someone with this athleticism...
- Henry David Thoreau in Portsmouth Herald News
I frequently tramped eight or ten miles through the deepest snow to keep an appointment with a beech-tree, or a yellow birch, or an old acquaintance among the pines,wrote Henry David Thoreau.