- n an early form of modern jazz (originating around 1940)
- v dance the bebop
- Captured in a low-fi taping by Mingus and Roach, the concert showed what bebop--and live jazz--was all about.
- Among the loudest horn blowers in jazz and a venerated sideman for greats like Billie Holiday and Duke Ellington, he was one of the rare masters of bebop--a jaunty sound previously .
- Gangsta rap, with its narrative tales and its cinematic funk-driven sound, offered a distinct alternative to the tricky bebop gymnastics of the freestyling East Coast.
News & Articles
- Wildlife exhibit draws crowd
Wildlife expert Bob Tarter brought his pet bobcat BeBop to the Hernando Public Library on Thursday as part of the library's summer program. Photo by Tess Catlett
June 24, 2013 - DeSoto Times-Tribune
- OBITUARY: Sam Most, Johnny Smith...Gone
Risking the appearance of Rifftides becoming an obituary service, I must note the deaths in the past week of two supreme artists of the bebop era, flutist Sam Most and guitarist Johnny Smith.
June 20, 2013 - All About Jazz
- Quincy Jones in Forbes
Max was one of the founders and original members of the A-Team of bebop,said fellow music legend Quincy Jones. "Outside of losing a giant and an innovator, I've lost a great, great friend. Thank God he left a piece of his soul on his...
- Ornette Coleman in Washington Post
At that time bebop was just being born and Charlie Parker was the main man,said Coleman. "I said, `Oh man, what kind of music is that?' And I thought I'm going to play that."
- Monty Alexander in Jamaica Gleaner
My goal is to uplift. The piano, to me, is a vehicle for connecting to other human beings. I'm very open to all forms of music. I'm not a bebop musician, I'm not a calypso musician, I'm not a reggae musician. I'm a musician who loves it all,...