- n the soft brown fur of the beaver
- n a native or resident of Oregon
- n a full beard
- n a man's hat with a tall crown; usually covered with silk or with beaver fur
- n a movable piece of armor on a medieval helmet used to protect the lower face
- n a hat made with the fur of a beaver (or similar material)
- n large semiaquatic rodent with webbed hind feet and a broad flat tail; construct complex dams and underwater lodges
- v work hard on something
- Last March, when 94 beavers imported into beaverless Pennsylvania had become a timber-destroying, field-flooding horde of 15,000, the State opened its first beaver trapping .
- The beaver pelt, once the currency of a frontier, has had a treacherous history.
- The progress last week of Candidate Hoover, busy beaver-man of the present Administration, towards theRepublican nomination, was as follows: Ohio held a primary and.
News & Articles
- Beaver Creek Fire started by lightning
BEAVER CREEK - The Beaver Creek Fire which started Thursday night scorched 7 acres is now completely contained.
June 14, 2013 - 9 News Denver
- Beaver Creek Fire near Rifle contained
The Beaver Creek Fire that was burning near Rifle has been contained but firefighters will monitor the area throughout Friday to make sure no hot spots flare-up.
June 14, 2013 - KJCT 8 Grand Junction
- Beaver Creek rodeo returns June 27
BEAVER CREEK — The Beaver Creek Rodeo Series returns for its 12th season June 27. The resort’s family-friendly Western rodeo is held every Thursday night weekly through Aug. 15 and this year, a special Tuesday night rodeo will take place on July 2, prior to the Fourth holiday.
June 13, 2013 - Vail Daily
- David Blaine in FOXNews
I think my real competition is the beaver,Blaine said, smiling, "not the bottlenose whales."
- Barack Obama in International Herald Tribune
I need Pennsylvania,Obama told a crowd of several thousand at an outdoor rally in Beaver on Friday night. "I need Beaver, Pennsylvania. I need you to stand up beside me and say now is the time to bring about change in America."
- Steve Martin in AZ Central.com
On a couple of big sandbars there were already beaver tracks, bighorn sheep tracks,Martin said. "You could see the animals already exploring new aspects of the old canyon."