- n a member of the beat generation; a nonconformist in dress and behavior
- One thing a beatnik cannot abide is a square.
- Burroughs will remain grand dragon of the YADs, by acclamation and by forfeit (he denies, of course, having anything in common with his beatnik vassals, but this is merely good .
- They debuted at the Bitter End in 1961, and their beatnik look a tall blonde flanked by a pair of goateed guitarists was a part of their initial appeal.
News & Articles
- THURSDAY'S COMMUNITY CALENDAR
Music The Smile Makers, Zack Slik, 8:30 p.m. June 27. Beatnik's, 433 Park Ave., Worcester.
June 25, 2013 - Worcester Telegram & Gazette
- ‘Storage Wars’ star in town
Barry Weiss rolled into Kerrville in a lavender 1955 Ford “Beatnik” Bubbletop, as fans stood on the sidelines taking pictures of the “Storage Wars” star.
June 21, 2013 - Kerrville Daily Times
- Bruce Willis in FOXNews
He's like the last beatnik,Willis added. "He's the coolest person that I know, he's just swinging and he's always so calm and easy about things."
- Eugene Hutz in The Plain Dealer - cleveland.com
Her style was very gonzo beatnik for the most part, but then suddenly she would get incredibly scrupulous and specific,says Hutz, leader of the gypsy punk band Gogol Bordello.
- Ray Manzarek in calendarlive.com
Venice was getting interesting; it had a leftover beatnik spirit to it that made it ready to catch this new scene coming in, so it was turning hippie in '67,says Manzarek. "Things were everywhere, though. Elysian Park had love-ins -- that...