- n a strip of land running along a beach
- One of the state's most significant rock 'n' roll sites is Wildwood, a beachfront resort town on the southern tip of the state.
- The move will effectively legalize surfing in the heart of the Midwest and make Chicago an unlikely beachfront in the war to extend surfing's influence across the country.
- But The Maltese Falcon and The Big Sleep are about as close to this beachfront vaudeville as Mars and Saturn are to Pluto (the Disney dog, not the planet).
News & Articles
- Without a Final Map, New York Rebuilds on Uncertain Ground
by Al Shaw With warmer weather arriving, long-shuttered train lines reopening and a revamped boardwalk, people are flocking back to the beachfront on the Rockaways in Queens. And they’re not just coming to lie on the sand. They’re here to buy property on the 11-mile-long peninsula ravaged by Superstorm Sandy seven months ago. “All of a sudden, everyone wants to be here,” said Annette Farina, a ...
June 12, 2013 - ProPublica
- The Holiday Inn Resort® Brand Debuts in Grand Cayman
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)], one of the world's largest hotel companies, today announces the latest addition to the growing global Holiday Inn Resort® brand portfolio with the opening of the Holiday Inn Resort®Grand Caymanhotel. The property has 117-rooms and a variety of beachfront amenities.
June 12, 2013 - Hospitality Net
- Netters soak up the sun, sand
Beachfront comes alive with a tennis tournament that attracts players from around the world Summer Lane and Sarah Howell had never played tennis on regular courts before, let alone on sand.
June 9, 2013 - Sun-Sentinel
- Giorgio Armani in Eye of Dubai (press release)
Mr Giorgio Armani said: "While designing the Armani Residences, Marassi I integrated several elements that capture the serenity and calm of beachfront living. I was also keen to present residents with personalised living spaces that conveyed the...
- Ivan Seidenberg in Seattle Times
MCI is one of just a few beachfront properties you'd want to see, so it would be crazy not to keep our eyes out,for a company with assets like this up for sale, Ivan Seidenberg, Verizon's chairman and chief executive, said in a conference...
- Doc Hastings in FOXNews (blog)
Now is not the time to spend up to $50 million dollars of the taxpayers' money to buy nearly 3,000 acres of beachfront property on a Caribbean Island,said Rep. Doc Hastings, (R-Wash.), ranking Republican on the House Natural Resources...