- n (computer science) a data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems
- Nice little bit of nostalgia for those of us who still remember 300 baud modems.
- With just a one-line computer lab and a 9600 baud modem, Jana Duncan's second-graders at Puckett Elementary School in Amarillo, Texas, are reaping the benefits of technology in .
- He hankered, like Rimbaud, to exchange Europe's savagery for that of Africa, but unlike Rim baud, did not actually go to Africa.
News & Articles
- Never Underestimate the Bandwidth of a Suburban Filled With MicroSD Cards
toygeek writes "If you've been in IT long enough, you're bound to have heard the phrase 'Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon filled with backup tapes.' These days moving data has become so much easier; We've surpassed baud rates and are into Gbps fiber on the backbones, and even in some homes. So, what's the modern equivalent to this, and what does it take to make the OC fiber ...
Sept. 21, 2013 - Slashdot
- Garrett Brown in Wired News
It seems prehistoric now,Brown told Wired News. "The electronic toothbrush I use has more smarts than an Osborne -- we used it to talk over cables to motors at a speed of around 1200 baud. You could run around those motors faster."