- n someone who fights (or is fighting)
- Even at 61, the broken-nosed, greying little battler was more than a match for most men.
- She might be a pioneer battler for reproductive rights, bravely tending to the misery of her countrywomen.
- And in her last months, before her death today at 62, Fawcett served as another important emblem: the gaunt, glamorous battler against anal cancer.
News & Articles
- Chivas USA hail debutant Erick Torres after game-winner vs. Toronto FC
CARSON, Calif. -- Massive. Excellent. Battler. Those were just some of the adjectives used by Erick Torres' Chivas USA teammates to describe the forward known as "Cubo" on Wednesday night following a 1-0 victory against Toronto FC at the StubHub Center.
July 18, 2013 - MLS via Yahoo! Sports
- Andy Reid in Delaware County Daily Times
Jim and I agreed that he needs to concentrate all of his efforts on his recovery,Eagles head coach Andy Reid said in a statement. "His health is No. 1. He's struggling but he'sa tough guy and a true battler. I hope everyone will keep him...
- Paul Jewell in The Times
Jewell, whose side are bottom of the table, said: "Danny has been playing at the highest level for a long time now, including a World Cup for England, so nothing will faze him. He is a hardened battler and will be great in the dressing room. With...
- Russell Martin in USA Today
To get these guys, you got to make pitches,Martin said. "Baseball is a game of failure and you can't be afraid to fail. Kuroda knows how to get guys out. He's a battler and he goes out there and competes."