- n an army unit usually consisting of a headquarters and three or more companies
- n a large indefinite number
a battalion of ants
- On May 14 the battalion, trying again, nearly made the top of the hill.
- Most of the battalion's anti-tank guns had not come up.
- On an a recent visit, the battalion displayed an attention to detail and an esprit de corps quite startling to someone who has spent too much time around Middle Eastern armies.
News & Articles
- Battalion commander at SMDC's Fort Greely suspended following investigation into racy calendar, allegations of ...
Lt. Col. Joseph Miley, commander of the 49th Missile Defense Battalion at Fort Greely, Alaska, has been suspended by the Army after an investigation into possible misconduct within the Alaska Army National Guard battalion.
June 12, 2013 - The Huntsville Times
- Crowd turns out for Fort Rucker appreciation game, concert
The Daleville Senior Warhawks and the 1st Battalion, 223rd Aviation Regiment Spartans returned to the softball diamond June 7 for the annual “Clash of the Titans” Fort Rucker Appreciation softball gam
June 12, 2013 - Southeast Sun
- Fort Campbell WTB earns top Army award
FORT CAMPBELL, Ky. The Fort Campbell Warrior Transition Battalion command team, Col. William Howard and Command Sgt. Maj. James Smith, pinned the Department of the Army Safety Excellence Streamer to the WTB colors during a ceremony June 5.
June 12, 2013 - The Leaf Chronicle
- Michael Bloomberg in Taipei Times
Bloomberg called the fire and the deaths of the firefighters "another cruel blow to our city and to the Fire Department, and specifically to the house that Engine 24, Ladder 5 and Battalion 2 are in."
- Nicolas Sarkozy in 940 News
France will play its full part in this collective action,Sarkozy said in his speech. "I decided to ramp up France's military presence with a battalion to be deployed to the eastern region."
- President Bush in FOXNews
We've heard of 174 Marines recently, almost a quarter of battalion, who asked to have their enlistments extended,Bush said. "They want to serve their nation."