- v moderate or restrain; lessen the force of
He bated his breath when talking about this affair
- v flap the wings wildly or frantically; used of falcons
- v soak in a special solution to soften and remove chemicals used in previous treatments
bate hides and skins
- Dunkards were originally a cele-bate order whose membership ate meat only once a year and held property in common.
- Another Likud member successfully introduced a motion in the Knesset demanding a de bate on whether new settlements in the West Bank and Gaza Strip should be fro zen because they .
- In the House of Commons Laborite Emanuel Shinwell rose to demand a de bate on the subject of Britain's aid to Russia.
News & Articles
- Summer Stunner: Gosar Calls it Quits at Age 43
TWIN FALLS – Monday afternoon in the bowels of the College of Southern Idaho gymnasium, in a room normally reserved for schmoozing and relaxation, Golden Eagles’ men’s basketball coach Steve Gosar stepped to an impromptu podium to reveal the subject of a cryptic late-Sunday night e-mail announcement from athletic director Joel Bate: “…there will be a press conference at 1 p.m. tomorrow… which ...
June 25, 2013 - The Times-News
- Al Qaeda says hostages in North Africa alive, open to talks
By Bate Felix DAKAR (Reuters) - Eight hostages, including five from France, being held by al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) are safe, the Islamist group said in a statement posted on its Twitter account on Saturday. The statement coincided with rallies across France organised by the families of French hostages who were seized in Niger in September 2010 to mark more than 1,000 days of ...
June 23, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- AuthenTEAK Completes Luxury Outdoor Furniture Install at Turks and Caicos Resort Amanyara
Atlanta-based luxury outdoor furniture retailer AuthenTEAK recently completed a commercial installation of Kingsley-Bate teak outdoor furniture using all-weather Perennials Outdoor Fabrics at the new luxury Turks and Caicos Resort Amanyara property. (PRWeb June 22, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10856181.htm
June 22, 2013 - PRWeb
- David Moyes in Telegraph.co.uk
We would like to get something from the game but I can't stress enough how much of a really tough match this is for us,Moyes said. "If anyone is coming here thinking 'BATE who' then they are in for a big shock. We watched them against...