- n declaring or rendering bastard
the annulment of their marriage resulted in the bastardization of their children
- n an act that debases or corrupts
- Inevitably, some purists are voicing objections to what they see as the bastardization of a Chinese cultural icon.
- As recently as 20 years ago, Egyptologists scorned Late Period sculpture as a bastardization of the classical standards of the dynastic tradition.
- We must destroy any move toward bastardization.
News & Articles
- The Gershwins’ Porgy & Bess, Reviewed
The Gershwins’ Porgy & Bess —which is to say, the 2011 opera-into-musical re-engineering by the playwright of Top Dog/Underdog and others—may indeed be a bastardization of a towering American classic, like Stephen Sondheim said it is , but I wouldn’t know.
Dec. 27, 2013 - Washington City Paper
- Walden Bello in Business Mirror
So this should be a warning that this bastardization has really gone too far. Thus it is important to bring back the party-list system to its original intention of strengthening the political organizations or marginalized groups,Bello said.