- n a double-reed instrument; the tenor of the oboe family
- Trouble began with the playing of the first notes, in the ultrahigh register of the bassoon, as the renowned composer Camille Saint-Saens conspicuously walked out, complaining .
- And almost everyone is convinced that all oboe and bassoon players are a little batty.
- Saddled with an out-of-school curriculum chock-full of Taekwondo lessons, ceramics workshops and bassoon practice, America's youngsters barely have time to check their e-mail .
News & Articles
- School of Music camp acts as extension
The 88 black and white keys on a piano will sing with the low tone of the oboe and bassoon, and the smooth ring of strings, at the hands of teenagers in Kimbrough Hall next week. For the 24th year in a row, the Washington State University School of Music will be hosting a camp for kids who want to learn about different instruments and take lessons from WSU faculty.
June 19, 2013 - The Daily Evergreen
- Milford band members to perform in Europe
Milford High School Band students Billie Richardson, trombone, and Kelsey Brown, bassoon, were selected to perform with the Ohio Ambassadors of Music on their European Tour June 24 to July 9.
June 19, 2013 - The Cincinnati Enquirer
- Orchestra players sought
Alpine Community Theater is looking for instrumentalists to play in the pit orchestra for their summer production of "Peter Pan." Instruments needed are trumpets, trombone, tuba, oboe, bassoon…
June 19, 2013 - Provo Daily Herald