- n unworthiness by virtue of lacking higher values
- The story is involved with honor, baseness, torture, swordplay, quite a good chase, and some polite bows toward history.
- Prescott's Spain was a darkly dramatic land, and he populated it with villains of incredible baseness and heroes of astounding virtue.
- My most anxious thoughts then and thereafter were to cleanse myself of some of this depravity and baseness .
News & Articles
- Comment on Top five 2014 Super Bowl commercials
That was one commercial that Mom actually smiled at. I find it interesting to note, y-not, that any post that I make, which calls out the crassness and baseness of current pop culture and/or advertising, garners a "thumbs down" or two. It may just be from a "garden variety" person who just does not care for my posts in general. Frankly, it matters not to me. But it is interesting to note, anyway ...
Feb. 3, 2014 - Denver Post
- Sergei Kovalyov in RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty
As Kovalyov wrote: "Cynicism is cowardice, the flight from burning problems and hard-hitting discussion. It is the lowest pragmatism, petty time-serving teetering on the verge of baseness, or already toppled over the edge. It is intrigue trumping...
- Friedrich Nietzsche in Chicago Tribune
For instance, Nietzsche wrote in his conclusion that "the Christian church has left nothing untouched by its depravity. It has turned every value into worthlessness, and every truth into a lie, and every integrity into baseness of soul."
- Ehud Barak in Ha'aretz
Regarding Hezbollah, Barak said that "we are dealing with a bitter, despicable and cynical enemy. An enemy that sees human life as currency. Against this moral baseness, human life as a supreme value and the deep sorrow we feel in light of the loss...