- n the lowermost portion of a structure partly or wholly below ground level; often used for storage
- n the ground floor facade or interior in Renaissance architecture
- The basement consisted of four windowless rooms and was equipped with a shower and a toilet, as well as a television.
- Dreaming of radio stardom, or at least a few real-live listeners, Dan Schulz and Scott Wirkus broadcast the first Dan Scott Show from the basement of an empty retirement home in .
- The basement is Lord's favorite place.
News & Articles
- Basement where Josef Fritzl raped his daughter for years sealed with concrete
The basement of a house in Austria where Josef Fritzl imprisoned his daughter for 24-years - fathering seven children with her - was being sealed off with concrete on Friday.The cramped, windowless dungeon was purpose built by Fritzl, now 78, beneath the family home in Amstetten, about 60 miles west of Vienna.When she turned 18, Fritzl locked his daughter Elisabeth in the basement and used her ...
June 21, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Basement where woman kept imprisoned by father for 24 years filled in
AMSTETTEN, Australia, June 20 (UPI) -- The basement prison cell in Austria where Josef Fritzl kept his daughter imprisoned for 24 years is being filled with cement, officials said.
June 20, 2013 - UPI
- Man living in Naperville basement faces child porn charges
A 30-year-old man living in the basement of a Naperville home is facing six counts of possession of child pornography after police found images and videos on his computer, authorities said Thursday. Timothy A. Carpenter, who police said was living in a basement on the 1500 block of Treeline Court in central Naperville, was taken into custody about 6:15 a.m. Wednesday.
June 20, 2013 - Daily Herald
- Jada Pinkett Smith in Forbes
Pinkett Smith says she's amazed "how people want to focus on `She's tied up in the basement and he throws steaks to her at night and she gets to see Suri only on Sundays.' It's ridiculous."
- Ted Stevens in Forbes
I refused it as a gift,Stevens replied. "I let him put it in our basement at his request."