- n a ball game played with a bat and ball between two teams of nine players; teams take turns at bat trying to score runs
he played baseball in high school
there was a baseball game on every empty lot
- n a ball used in playing baseball
- Thanks to an archaic ownership system, Japanese baseball is losing its best players, its fans and its soul.
- Said Chuck: "This is baseball.
- Nothing betrays the brash architect of baseball's biggest revolution since a Brooklyn pitcher named "Candy" Cummings fired the first curve and separated the men from the bushers.
- Andy Pettitte in Reuters Canada
Though it was not against baseball rules, I was not comfortable with what I was doing, so I stopped,Pettitte said. "This is it -- two days out of my life, two days out of my entire career, when I was injured and on the disabled list."
- President Bush in CNN
Steroids have sullied the game, and players and the owners must take the Mitchell report seriously; I'm confident they will,Bush said. "And my hope is that this report is a part of putting the 'steroid era' of baseball behind us."
- Matt Capps in The Associated Press
I thought he had a pretty good shot,Nationals closer and All-Star pick Matt Capps said. "He's one of the top pitchers in baseball right now."