- n a soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group; found in barite
- This barium was the clue to something terrific.
- The Pope's housekeeper, Sister Pasqualina, handed him a "barium breakfast"a glass of gritty, ill-tasting barium sulfate which he swallowed slowly with unconcealed dislike.
- When the X-ray was discovered, barium sulphate, which is opaque to the Xray, was given, and the passage of the barium was observed through the fluoroscope.
News & Articles
- Breaking It Down
To mark the final season of the TV show Breaking Bad , we've based this game on its opening credits, in which elemental symbols for Bromine (Br) and Barium (Ba) help spell the show's title. House musician Jonathan Coulton asks contestants to spell words using more symbols from the Periodic Table.
Aug. 2, 2013 - NPR
- Erik MEIJER in Free press releases (press release)
Meijer asked if the commission was aware that "observations by pilots and statements by government bodies increasingly suggest that what is happening is that aircraft are emitting into dry air small particles consisting of barium, aluminium and...
- Otto Hahn in Wired News
Perhaps you can come up with some sort of fantastic explanation,Hahn wrote Meitner. "We knew ourselves that [uranium] can't actually burst apart into [barium]."