- n a bleak and desolate atmosphere
- n the state of being unclothed and exposed (especially of a part of the body)
- n an extreme lack of furnishings or ornamentation
- After a few summers of bareness, the most enticing woman a few seasons hence may well turn out to be the one cloaked head to foot in a shapeless North African djellaba.
- Leader of the bareness-now, right now, school is still Rudi Gernreich, whose 1964 topless set off the exposure explosion.
- The bareness is a big reason why the look has caught on.
News & Articles
- Visual decadence: Le noir by Gabor Marton
Posted in Fashion / Fashion blog / Fashion photo shoots / Fashion pictures When done right, the bareness of the skin can easily substitute the most fashionable of garments, in attitude, influence, even significance. For Gabor Marton nudity translates to a form of art, making exquisite statements and building upon a sense of new-found mystery. Despite being portrayed over the extent of centuries ...
Aug. 16, 2013 - StyleBistro
- Venus Williams in The Associated Press
In Paris, Williams said her black burlesque outfit created an "illusion of bareness."
- Vera Wang in Seattle Times
I brought color to bridal,Wang says. "There was one whole season of blush. If you think about the bareness, the illusion (fabric), the corsets that I did in bridal, they were trends in ready-to-wear, too."
- George Steller in The Australian
Stranded here for nine months during the expedition of 1741, one survivor, naturalist Georg Steller, described their ordeal thus: "Hardship, bareness, cold, sogginess, weakness, impatience, disease and despair were our everyday guests."