barbwire : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n strong wire with barbs at regular intervals used to prevent passage
- Way of Sacrifice is a mad medley of trench mud, footsore soldiers' nightmares, barbwire hallucinations, macabre fears, and philosophic outbursts, synthesized into despair over the .
- In the second Battle of the Marne in 1918, 700 tiny Estienne chars d'assaut made their first big showing, brushed aside German barbwire and fortifications, were instrumental in .
- But today, 2 million troops still glare at each other across 240 kilometers of the barbwire-fenced frontier.
News & Articles
- A quarter century of Barbwire, part deux
Twenty-five years ago on August 12, this column moved from regional magazines to the newly-daily Tribune. Last week, I told how I got here. This week, highs and lows from over 1,300 Barbwires.
Aug. 15, 2013 - Daily Sparks Tribune