- n United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934)
- The Islamic word baraka is derived from the word meaning knee, hence from the rapture of a worshiper on his knees before his deity, and it can be applied to almost anything to .
- At 3 o'clock one morning last week, Yacef's baraka ran out.
- With its sumptuous comfort and kaleidoscopic flair, the Riad Fes Baraka captures all the intense and colorful blur of the city outside.
News & Articles
- Early morning's magic spurs sanguine outlook on life
Driving into work one perfect, sunny day, I listened to National Public Radio's Morning Edition, as I often do. At the end of this particular broadcast, a narrator was reading a poem by New Jersey writer Amiri Baraka:
June 12, 2013 - This Week Olentangy
- Larry Coker in WTOV9.com
Another good day on special teams,Miami head coach Larry Coker said. "We had some big plays with the punt block that led to a touchdown was definitely huge. Defensively the fumble that Baraka Atkins scored with was a big, big play."
- Moammar Gadhafi in Independent Online
We have confidence in our son Baraka (chancein Arabic) Obama and, if he continues his wise and peaceful policies, we will help and support him so that they succeed," Gaddafi, dressed in white suit and black shirt, told the crowd of around 1...
- Russell Davis in TheNewsTribune.com (registration)
It is one of those things where you kind of see it coming,Davis said of getting cut. "You are out there practicing and you see the rookies (Brandon Mebane, Baraka Atkins) they drafted and they want to get them playing time. You don't take...