- n a small loaf or roll of soft bread
- The word for rice gohan in Japanese and bap in Koreanis often used as a synonym for "meal.
- The most arduous aspect of the course was learning the language from three Vietnamese instructors (heo is pig, bap is corn, ga is chicken, and farmer is a tongue-twisting nguoi .
News & Articles
- Determining The Role Of Chemicals Found In Secondhand Smoke
April Flowers for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Scientists have known for a while that tobacco smoke, diesel exhaust and oil combustion are sources of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) that are known to cause cancer. The vast majority of research attention has been paid to the obviously dangerous high-molecular-weight PAHs like benzo[a]pyrene (BaP). The low-molecular-weight variety ...
June 26, 2013 - redOrbit
- Rack-Mount 2U Power System features hot-pluggable 1 kW modules.
Delivering 3 kW or 2 kW with N+1 redundancy, BAP 3K-CR2U/19-3 Series is built with 3 heavy-duty 1 kW BAP 65F DC/DC modules assembled on 2U x 19 in., rack-mount, stainless steel cradle. Mechanical features facilitate insertion of converter modules, and no motherboard is required. Each module accepts nominal input of 48, 72, 110, 125, or 250 Vdc and is available in several output configurations ...
June 25, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Study details cancer-promoting mechanisms of overlooked components in secondhand smoke
A new study shows that overlooked components of secondhand smoke may help the more well known molecules like BaP cause and promote cancer.
June 25, 2013 - Science Daily
- Jairam Ramesh in Economic Times
India, South Africa, Brazil, China and other developing countries were entirely successful in ensuring there was no violation of the BAP (of 2007),Ramesh said.
- Ruth Jones in BBC News
Jones, who created Gavin and Stacey with James Corden, said: "I'm really looking forward to it. It'll be like having friends over for brunch." "We'll go through the papers, have a coffee, maybe a bacon bap or two and a nice chat, y'know, just...
- Noel Gallagher in guardian.co.uk
He has an irrational fear of keyboards,explained Noel later. "This is the man who thought we had gone too dance when I wrote 'Wonderwall' because the drums didn't go boom-boom bap, boom-boom bap. Liam is very institutionalised by being in...