- n a roll of currency notes (often taken as the resources of a person or business etc.)
- v provide with sufficient funds; finance
Who will bankroll the restoration of the former East German economy?
- After all, the nation's energy riches give it a remarkable chance to bankroll environmental innovation, says Frederic Hauge, CEO of Bellona, an Oslo-based environmental NGO that he .
- Over time, though, green groups have realized that one effective way to halt destructive practices is to take on the institutions that bankroll them.
- If an Indian band isn't federally recognized as a tribe and is thus ineligible for a gaming venture, these full-service backers will bankroll genealogists to construct a family .
News & Articles
- Revamp of Water Dept. key to Detroit's restructuring
Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr is considering stripping the name 'Detroit' from the city's water department, transferring assets to a regional group and refinancing the utility's debt, moves that could generate almost $1 billion in savings and bankroll the city's restructuring.
June 14, 2013 - Detroit News
- Fans Fund the Fate of Chill's First Original Series
Pay to play. That's the angle Chill is taking with its first original series, Vigilante Diaries . The social video discovery site, which has venture funding in part from Kleiner Perkins and William Morris Endeavor, is betting its audience will like its new offering enough that they'll literally bankroll the first-person-shooter-themed show, which stars Jay Mewes of Clerks and Jay & Silent Bob ...
June 11, 2013 - Mashable
- Health Co-Ops Stumble With Loans, Republicans Say
President Barack Obama’s use of federal loans to bankroll untested businesses is sparking controversy again, this time over a $6 billion program to create nonprofit competitors to commercial health insurers.
June 10, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Chris Dodd in FOXNews
Democrats who receive sweetheart deals from their campaign contributors shouldn't be pushing legislation forcing taxpayers to bankroll a $300 billion bailout of scam artists and speculators, and the American people have every right to demand... John Boehner http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Boehner&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGcMrODj3jSDNhOaWEd_4hcMt1IuQ International Herald Tribune http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/06/25/america/Congress-Housing.php&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFs1CXfsO8A9RmBT_QAq1k_MLU9Ag Jun 25, 2008
8009 11351 bankroll His unwillingness to denounce the reprehensible activities of the Swift Boat organization and express regret for providing $50,000 to bankroll the organization convinced me that he would not be an acceptable candidate to represent the United States...
- Don King in ESPN
I think Mike's one of the greatest fighters that ever lived,King said. "I think he can still be a fighter if he wants to be a fighter. Listen, whatever it is between me and Mike, it ain't about the bankroll. We gonna do what has to be...