- n a financier who owns or is an executive in a bank
- n the person in charge of the bank in a gambling game
- Chances are you can't name a single central banker from the 1920s, but in their day, they were quite the celebrities, even giving false names when traveling by ocean liner in order .
- An ex-Morgan Stanley banker was sentenced Friday to seven years in prison in Hong Kong's biggest insider trading case.
- The bankers I've talked to lately say they feel like they're personae non grata all over Washington, but they would say that.
News & Articles
- IDC Financial Insights, American Banker, and Bank Technology News Open Submissions for 2013 FinTech Rankings
American Banker and Bank Technology News, SourceMedia’s leading publications for banking and financial services professionals, and IDC Financial Insights, an independent research and advisory services firm to financial institutions and the financial services technology industry, are now accepting submissions for the 10th annual FinTech 100 and FinTech Enterprise 25 rankings.
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Banker and firm guilty in naked short selling case
WASHINGTON, June 11 (UPI) -- A Securities and Exchange Commission administrative judge said a former Maryland banker had engaged in naked short selling and should forfeit $4.7 million.
June 11, 2013 - UPI
- Banker Nods Off on Keyboard, Accidentally Makes Customer a Millionaire
A court in Germany this week was asked to rule on the case of a banker from Hesse who reportedly fell asleep on his keyboard, accidentally transferring millions of the bank's euros to a temporarily lucky customer . Read more...
June 11, 2013 - Gawker
- Sharon Bowles in The Press Association
After Wednesday's vote Liberal Democrat MEP Sharon Bowles said the new rules would mean "no more Fred Goodwins" - a reference to the former Royal Bank of Scotland chief executive described as "the world's worst banker" for his role in the...
- Boris Johnson in Bath Chronicle
Speaking from the World Economic Forum in Davos, Mr Johnson told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "My feeling is that the banks and the bankers have a job now to repair their esteem in the eyes of the public. I do not want to go around banker bashing,...
- Paul Volcker in Stock Watch
Every banker I speak with knows very well what 'proprietary trading' means and implies,Mr. Volcker said.