- n a player in a band (especially a military band)
- It gave him a onetime San Francisco newspaperman, Alaskan goldhunter, Hawaiian bandsmanhis great opportunity towards wealth 12 years ago.
- Watchers laughed when a big, fat, black bandsman dropped his plumed hat and had to sit down on the street before he could pick it up again.
- Major Glenn Miller, 39, begoggled, popular trombonist and bandsman, leader of the Army Air Forces Band currently entertaining in Paris; while a passenger on a flight from England .
News & Articles
- Doug Clark: Air Force band’s ‘inactivation’ sad - Tue, 27 Aug 2013 PST
Being a former trumpeter and bandsman, I wanted to give an appreciative shout-out to the 560th Air Force Band for its decades of service, good will and great music. Also known as the Band of the Northwest, the 560th is tragically being mothballed Sept. 7 in an “Inactivation Ceremony” at Fairchild Air Force Base.
Aug. 27, 2013 - The Spokesman-Review