bandleader : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the leader of a dance band
- Desi Arnaz, as bandleader Ricky Ricardo, hadn't yet become one of the finest straight men in TV history.
- In addition to his work as a soloist and bandleader, Frisell has established himself as one of the most sought-after collaborators in contemporary music.
- He grimaces when jokes don't work, makes small talk with the nerdy bandleader, obsessively repeats words and names that strike his fancy.
News & Articles
- DC Jazz Festival: What to See Tonight
The name seems fairly straightforward: The Poncho Sanchez Latin Jazz Band . But what the conga player and bandleader really does is take Latin jazz and pour hot sauce all over it.
June 11, 2013 - Washington City Paper
- INTERVIEW/PROFILE: Jazz Musician of the Day: Shelly Manne
All About Jazz is celebrating Shelly Manne's birthday today! Shelly Manne - drums (1920 - 1984) As a jazz drummer, studio musician, bandleader and businessman, Shelly Manne was one of the most prolific instrumentalists of modern times.
June 11, 2013 - All About Jazz
- Questlove: My Youth in 27 Records
The Roots drummer and Jimmy Fallon’s bandleader on the albums that defined him, from his years growing up in a musical—and increasingly religious—family, to the day he landed his first record deal. 1971:Sly and the Family Stone, There’s a Riot Goin’ OnMy sister was giving me a bath, and soap ... More »
June 10, 2013 - Vulture
- Paul Geary in MTV.com
They've had some amazingly big offers - some seven-figure ones to play certain shows - and [bandleader] Billy [Corgan] has passed on several because he didn't think it was the right thing for the band,said Paul Geary, manager of Pumpkins 2.0,...
- Aceyalone in IGN
I'm not from that era, but this is my ode to it,says Aceyalone. "I'm just putting myself into that character as a showman and bandleader. But I can still rhyme with the best of them. Artists are going to experiment and go different places...
- Nils Lofgren in The Oregonian - OregonLive.com
I've been doing my own music since 1968,Lofgren said. "Although I'm very comfortable being the bandleader ...... it's really wonderful not to have to be the boss all the time."