- n any of various agile ratlike terrestrial marsupials of Australia and adjacent islands; insectivorous and herbivorous
- Who ever heard of the long-nosed bandicoot? Or the brolgas, which break into a wild, wing-flapping dance at the sound of a bell? How about the racquet-tailed drongo, and the .
- The literary lions are not at their best caged up away from their own kind, and may look ridiculous if housed next door to a morose musk ox or an albino bandicoot.
- And, Loeb, see if he can pick up a bandicoot or a phalanger.
News & Articles
- Amiga Games (and our childhood memories) acquired for $500,000
Forget Mac versus PC, there was a time when Amiga reigned supreme -- at least in the heart of many computer gamers of a certain age. The Amiga 500 simply blew other computers from the '80s away, especially in the gaming department. But then the '90s happened (and you know where this is going): Microsoft won, Apple nearly went bankrupt and Sony introduced the world to Crash Bandicoot. So what ...
July 8, 2013 - Engadget
- Bob Brown in Discovery Channel
It is a national environmental emergency. Tasmania is a virtual Noah's Ark of rare and endangered species, many of which are extinct or nearing extinction on mainland Australia,Brown said. "These include the bettong, barred bandicoot,...