- n a light cylindrical box for holding light articles of attire (especially hats)
- Chic as a Paris bandbox, its jet-black walls garnished with white lilies and orchids, the Blue Angel gave off more than a suggestion of the smarter mortuaries.
- Produced in February by a Village group only founded in October, The Respectful Prostitute throve so well in a bandbox that it is now tackling the big time.
- We have two rounds and then head for John Updike's bandbox.
News & Articles
- Coughlin knows 1st prep for Cowboys will be a 'who'
Tom Coughlin would love to know precisely who will be on the practice field on Monday, when the Giants begin preparation for the Sept. 8 regular-season opener against the Cowboys. But with so many banged-up regulars, that may not be possible. “You’d love to stand up on a bandbox...
Aug. 31, 2013 - New York Post
- Jim Bowden in SI.com
It's not going to be a bandbox,general manager Jim Bowden said. "It's not going to be a hitter's park like Philadelphia or Cincinnati. It's not going to be a pitcher's park like RFK. I think it's going to be a balanced park that leans...
- Aaron Rowand in SI.com
Howard hit two balls against the Nationals that he absolutely crushed that were only three rows deep,Rowand said. "You can call it a bandbox all you want, but it's not playing like one the last few days."
- John Updike in Washington Post
Four and a half decades ago a young writer named John Updike described it to perfection: "Fenway Park, in Boston, is a lyric little bandbox of a park. Everything is painted green and is in curiously sharp focus, like the inside of an old-fashioned...