- n any of several tropical and subtropical treelike herbs of the genus Musa having a terminal crown of large entire leaves and usually bearing hanging clusters of elongated fruits
- n elongated crescent-shaped yellow fruit with soft sweet flesh
- Hiromi Ohtaki of Dole Japan, a leading banana importer, sees the boom in sales as largely due to Morning Banana Diet bananas don't normally sell well during summer, and this .
- Black, now United Brands' chairman and president, has begun replacing the company's aging banana boats with modern container vessels.
- Kahn responded by purging the word depression from his vocabulary and instead using "banana.
News & Articles
- MILAN: Paddock principal becomes banana split for a good cause
“Banana split! Mr. D! Mr. D! Mr. D!” was the chant heard from the Paddock Elementary students gathered on the grassy area outside their school, as they waited to watch their principal make good on a promise.
June 13, 2013 - The Milan News-Leader
- Banana boxes shipped to supermarkets instead contained cocaine
A supermarket in Denmark thought it was receiving shipment of bananas. The boxes instead contained what is believed to be cocaine.KRT COPENHAGEN, Denmark — Drug traffickers back in Colombia must be going bananas over how their shipment ended up at...
June 13, 2013 - The Star-Ledger
- Banana Mural Riles Indiana Town
The mural on the house is clearly a banana. But is it art? Or an advertisement? That is the question facing a town in Indiana as it weighs whether or not the house can keep its banana mural. Yossarian Gutwein painted the picture of a...
June 12, 2013 - ABC News
- Stephenson King in International Herald Tribune
From what we have seen, farmers may have to start all over again as the last of the banana industry may have been wiped out,said Stephenson King, acting prime minister of St. Lucia.
- Daniela Hantuchova in Forbes
I definitely felt like I had the edge in the third set. I felt very, very good,said Hantuchova, a willowy 5-foot-11, 123-pounder. "I changed my dress, tried to drink a lot and had a banana and just tried to stay calm and stay cool."
- Desmond Tutu in guardian.co.uk
The way of retribution leads to a banana republic,Tutu said Monday, voicing concern that the cloud of corruption still hangs over Zuma's head.