- n any seed plant yielding balsam
- n any of various fragrant oleoresins used in medicines and perfumes
- n an ointment containing a fragrant resin
- Vested in rose garments, Pius XI prayed over the Rose, incensed it, poured balsam and musk into a tiny cup in its centre.
- The laughs come too rarely, the sentiment is tricked up, and this attempt at a Christmas perennial wilts faster than a cheap balsam choked with tinsel.
- But that plan is not practical; spruce and balsam are best adapted to the north woods and, says Fred Holt, director of Maine's bureau of forestry, "they always come back when .
News & Articles
- KEYC - Mankato News, Weather, Sports - - Wis. man accused of trying to rob would-be helper
BALSAM LAKE, Wis. (AP) - A Wisconsin man is accused of groping and trying to rob a woman who stopped to help him on the side of the road.
June 21, 2013 - 12 FOX Mankato
- Cops: Man groped woman trying to help
BALSAM LAKE, Wis. -- A Wisconsin man is accused of groping and trying to rob a woman who stopped to help him on the side of the road. Forty-one-year-old Steven Halvorsen of Grantsburg is charged with attempted armed robbery with threat of force, possession of a firearm by a felon, disorderly conduct and fourth-degree sexual assault.
June 21, 2013 - The Arizona Republic
- Donald ‘Don’ Knutson
Donald "Don" Knutson, 71, of Cumberland died Tuesday, June 11, 2013, at Cumberland Healthcare. He was born April 10, 1942, in Menomonie, to Lyle and Agnes (Sypnefski) Knutson. He was married in Balsam Lake, on Feb. 26, 1966, to Elaine Boucher.
June 21, 2013 - Dunn County News
- Doris Roberts in Los Angeles Times
I was a member of the Actors Studio,Roberts said in a recent interview. "Marilyn Monroe used to come to class. Martin Balsam was there. Anne Bancroft was there. Geraldine Page."