- n a facility in which ball games are played (especially baseball games)
take me out to the ballpark
- n near to the scope or range of something
his answer wasn't even in the right ballpark
- You can have (relatively) cheap beer at the ballpark.
- It's a food most Americans eat virtually every day: at the dinner table; in the cafeteria; on the barbecue patio; with mustard at a ballpark; or, a billion times a year, with .
- Glance around any ballpark these days, and you're likely to see a number of gray-haired ushers, ticket takers and gate attendants.
News & Articles
- Controversy over turning ballpark into dog park in Sunset Hills
Ballpark or dog park? There is controversy in sunset hills over a proposal to replace at least part of a public baseball field with a dog park.
June 22, 2013 - KSDK St. Louis
- Penguins! Penguins waddle to mound at Rangers Ballpark for ceremonial first pitch
Your browser does not support iframes. Penguins! Dressed in their finest Tennessee Tuxedoes, a pair of African penguins from the Dallas Zoo visited Rangers Ballpark on Thursday and were on the mound for a ceremonial first pitch before the Texas … Continue reading ?
June 21, 2013 - Big League Stew via Yahoo! Sports
- Bakersfield Blaze: New ballpark opening delayed until 2015
The Bakersfield Blaze said Thursday that the opening of their new ballpark will be delayed a year. The stadium was slated for a spring 2014 opening, when it was announced last fall. The team now says the stadium will open in spring 2015, saying construction will take a year once it begins.
June 20, 2013 - Eyewitness News Bakersfield
- Theo Epstein in SI.com
That magnitude is certainly the right ballpark for the commitment of the ballclub,Epstein said.
- Matt Stairs in San Jose Mercury News
I enjoyed it last night when I left the ballpark. My wife and two of my daughters are here, so it was fun to talk to them about it. But my point of view, it was over with,Stairs said.
- Vernon Wells in ESPN
The ballpark is 20 minutes from my house. It's obviously a temptation, but [with] everything that I've gone through with Toronto and the relationships I've built there, it's tough to leave,Wells said.