- n a theatrical representation of a story that is performed to music by trained dancers
- n music written for a ballet
- The attempted stage illusion, like the ballet to which it belonged, was handsome, arrestingand just short of convincing.
- Considering the sad record of the past, the idea of a good German ballet troupe might seem as implausible as a Nepalese surfing club.
- It could be argued that the American ballet style was born on April 18, 1944, when an unknown dancer named Jerome Robbins (teamed with an almost equally unknown composer named.
News & Articles
- Previewing Louisville Ballet's 2013-2014 season
Louisville Ballet presents a mix of classics, traditional favorities, and contemporary works during its 2013-14 season. Louisville Ballet presents a mix of classics, traditional favorites, and contemporary works during its 2013-14 season.
June 13, 2013 - Louisville.com
- Boulder Ballet brings dance to Broomfield for Ballet in the Park
Broomfield ballet lovers have long enjoyed a perennial family outing that has only grown in popularity over the years. Ballet in the Park, a community function of Boulder Ballet, is in its ninth season and will visit the Broomfield Amphitheater Sunday for a night of dance. Enthusiasts are encouraged to come early, bring a picnic and enjoy the romantic juxtaposition of casual and royal that is ...
June 11, 2013 - Broomfield Enterprise
- Ballet - Pre
Let your child experience the joys of dancing! These ballet classes teach poise, coordination, and classical ballet technique in a positive and imaginative atmosphere.
June 11, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Prince William in Times Online
Prince William, 24, said: "The idea is we wanted to get artists that our mother really loved, and then artists that both Harry and I enjoy, and in the middle with the ballet and Andrew Lloyd Webber - obviously she loved her dancing and her...
- Cyd Charisse in guardian.co.uk
In 1996, Charisse recalled her reaction on entering the movies: "Ballet is a closed world and very rigid; MGM was a fairyland. You'd walk down the lot, seeing all these fabulous movies being made with the greatest talent in the world sitting there....
- Twyla Tharp in USA Today
Tomlin explained, "This is a woman who heard the Beach Boys and made a ballet."