balladeer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a singer of popular ballads
- The diverse list of influences she names off the top of her head includes Ella Fitzgerald, Kurt Cobain, Edith Piaf and Japanese balladeer Eiko Shuri.
- The legendary Hobo Jim, Alaska's official state balladeer, the guy who has opened sessions of the legislature with a song, is onstage, working blue.
- When Woody Guthrie, "Okie" balladeer, was on the program, he and Alan Lomax spent an evening singing and listing songs about animals.
News & Articles
- Cowboy Balladeer Tom Hiatt and The Sundown Riders at the AFP
By Caroyln Santucci For the Herald/Review Western music fans will want to make their reservations now to hear Tom Hiatt and The Sundown Riders this weekend at the Arizona Folklore Preserve. If you’re not yet a Western music fan, you will be after hearing this group perform, so call now. Cowboy Balladeer Tom Hiatt is a nationally known western entertainer and songwriter who has performed to ...
June 20, 2013 - The Sierra Vista Herald
- Jimmy Buffett in Boston Globe (registration)
I threatened to do Newport before I was gone, and I seriously want to honor the heritage of the festival,Buffett says. "I came up as a folk singer. I've always loved the idea of being a balladeer. You know, I might do Gordon Lightfoot's...
- Ivan Neville in USA Today
My dad taught me my first songs on the piano, and the Neville Brothers became my training ground,Ivan says. "The fun part is we're so different musically. He's a great balladeer; I'm edgy and funky. What I've learned most from him is...