- n when dried yields a hard substance used e.g. in golf balls
- n a tropical hardwood tree yielding balata gum and heavy red timber
- Unlike conventional balls, which have gelatinous centers encased in hard rubber, various layers of rubber windings and dimpled hides of balata rubber, the new balls are uniform in .
- The new "rocket ball"a buna-S core instead of last year's apathetic balatamay enliven hitting.
- But people who know him know that he's wound about five times more tightly than an old Titleist balata golf ball.
News & Articles
- Dance, golf, ride for charity in Eagle County
Special to the Daily Participants enjoy last year’s Scramble Against Cancer after-party at Balata in Edwards. The first 14 years have raised more than $1.5 million, which has funded the Sonnenalp Breast Center at the Shaw Cancer Center.
July 7, 2013 - Vail Daily
- Geoff Ogilvy in SportingNews.com
It would have been nice to have competed in 1985 with a persimmon wood and a balata ball and see how you go on that golf course,Ogilvy said. "But Augusta is Augusta. It's a special place no matter when you play the tournament."
- Tiger Wood in USA Today
The 1-iron is obsolete now, and the 2-iron is headed that way,Woods says. "The golf ball doesn't spin anymore. The launch conditions of the golf ball now are high with no spin. If you go back to the (softer) balata balls, yeah, you could...
- Ismail Haniyeh in Ynetnews
Speaking to the Hamas website, Haniyeh said that "what is happening in Nablus and the Palestinian camp Balata is a severe escalation that is designed to prevent all serious steps meant to stabilize the Palestinian arena and the assembly of the new...