- n a thermosetting plastic used as electric insulators and for making plastic ware and telephone receivers etc.
- Most exotic: Isamu Noguchi's Radio Nurse, a grilled bakelite faceprettier as a radio than as a nurse.
- The selection varies from week to week but usually includes ceramic pots, hand-woven rugs, bakelite telephones, blue-and-white porcelain, petite concubines' shoes, faded .
- It is a synthetic resin, somewhat like bakelite.
- Tom Kalin in Canada.com
The book actually spans over 100 years and talks about the birth of Bakelite. That was too much for the movie, so I concentrated on keeping things as minimal as possible,says Kalin.
- David Chesworth in Sydney Morning Herald
My job at the time was making plastic and bakelite hi-fi knobs,Chesworth says. "It was driving me crazy. I was listening to 3AK Easy Listening; this kind of beautiful music station that played unreconstructed exotica, the worst of Ray...