- n a child: son or daughter
- He was undersized indeed; so wee a bairn of ten years old was hardly to be seen in all the glen.
- As the fourth day daws, the great ram-feezled bairn gaes spracklin' back to Beigg, ye ken, in a wee drunt.
- In a braw Commons debate on disarmament with bluff-browed Laborite Aneurin Bevan, Defense Minister Duncan Sandys, himself the bairn of a Cameron mother, piped up for the costume .
News & Articles
- Sideshow: A Busy baby, a nonpregnancy, a Seth Meyers update
Busy Philipps, 34, who plays Laurie Keller on Cougar Town, and her producer-screenwriter hub Marc Silverstein on Wednesday welcomed their second daughter. Yet-to-be-Named Bairn joins 4-year-old sister Birdie.
July 7, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Billy Kay in BBC News
Broadcaster and Scots language advocate Billy Kay added: "The Scots language has for too long been the bonnie broukit bairn, the beautiful neglected child of Scottish culture, yet it is the language in which much of our history and much of our...
- Ian McCall in Sunday Herald
It was fantastic to see Palmerston like that,said McCall, who is from Dumfries, his pride mixed with disappointment. "I haven't seen it like that for a long time. Not since I was a bairn."