- n a tubular wind instrument; the player blows air into a bag and squeezes it out through the drone
- But chiefly they piped the bagpipes, vying for 21 prizes.
- As the popemobile descended the ramp, the sound of bagpipes from above mixed with the sorrowful tune of a single cello player below.
- There's an alien invasion-- style Mellotron solo on the title track and what one hopes is a humorous attempt to reintroduce the bagpipe as a legitimate rock instrument on Prickly .
News & Articles
- American flag from the U.S. Capitol hoisted in Tiburon
As "America the Beautiful" was played on a lone bagpipe, the Stars and Stripes were raised high above the Tiburon Post Office at noon Friday by Boy Scout Troop 48 in honor of Flag Day.
June 15, 2013 - Marin Independent Journal
- Scott Hamilton in USA Today
Everything was gone, gone, gone, gone,said Hamilton, his steely blue eyes opening wide. "I could stand up on (skates), but I had no strength or muscle tone. Basically I was turning into a bagpipe."
- Mike Babcock in Ottawa Citizen
Every summer when I'm at the lake, there's a young kid who bagpipes around the lake with his grandfather once a summer or twice a summer,Babcock said. "And I always said that if I won the Cup, I'd get Jeff to bagpipe the Cup around, and...
- Gordon Brown in Daily Mail
These things happen in byelections,Mr Brown told a radio phone-in. "When I was fighting my own constituency campaign before, I had someone in a kilt playing a bagpipe following me everywhere because they wanted to emphasise the fact that I...