bacteriologist : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a biologist who studies bacteria
- Article tells the story of the bacteriologist's life and work.
- In 1966, bacteriologist Thomas Brock brought back to his lab specimens of a microorganism that was thriving in 80-plus degree Celsius waters in pink algae and microbial mats of .
- British bacteriologist Alexander Fleming identifies the bacterial-killing properties of penicillin, the first safe, successful antibiotic; in the 1940s, it is refined and widely .
News & Articles
- 2014 FEBS -- EMBO Women in Science Award honors Pascale Cossart
( European Molecular Biology Organization ) EMBO and the Federation of European Biochemical Societies (FEBS) announce Pascale Cossart, a world renowned bacteriologist and Professor at the Institut Pasteur in Paris, France, as the winner of the 2014 FEBS | EMBO Women in Science Award.
Feb. 18, 2014 - EurekAlert!