- v pedal backwards on a bicycle
- v step backwards, in boxing
- v modify one's opinion, make it less strong
- Pakistani officials began to backpedal on some of those claims, Friday, conceding that it was based simply on the intensity of the resistance they're encountering on their sweep .
- Curry and other company spokesmen began to backpedal and offered a new explanation.
- During a deposition in September, Simpson was forced to backpedal, saying, "I know I've had similar shoes.
News & Articles
- Sagittarius Daily Horoscope for June 15, 2013
You have to be careful with your words today -- it's way too easy to offend the wrong person! If you end up saying something snarky to your boss, you may have to backpedal really quickly! More horoscopes! Check your Daily Single's LoveScopes , Daily Couple's LoveScopes , Daily CareerScopes , Weekly RomanticScopes , Monthly FitnessScopes , more ... Today's Free Sample Reading: Are you with your ...
June 15, 2013 - Astrology.com
- Mario Williams: 'Kill 'em' comment a figure of speech
It didn't take long for Mario Williams and Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone to backpedal from statements made Thursday about the team's supposed "Kill em or hurt em" mantra.
June 14, 2013 - NFL.com
- Mike Minter in SportingNews.com
We'll just see if the knees react right -- if they can get back strong,Minter said. "Can I backpedal? Can I break? That type of stuff. Can I do it everyday? That's what I'm looking at."
- Randy Winn in San Jose Mercury News
I just turned, put my head down and ran to where I thought it was going to be,Winn said. "I had to do the worst possible thing as an outfielder-backpedal. I don't care (how I caught it), it went in the glove and stayed in the glove. That's...
- Skip Holtz in Bonesville
We have been trying to teach Travis Simmons and Travis Williams (ECU defensive backs) how to backpedal on stilts in order to be able to play the jump ball with some of them,Holtz said.